Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Naughty Gifts....or No?

Lawd I did it again…went M.I.A. No time for an apology though lol
Soooo I find myself in a lil pickle of sorts! I have two bridal showers and two weddings coming up in the next 2 months. The shower on Saturday is a CoCo Chanel inspired bridal shower and I’m super excited to be in the number for a friend’s fiancée…only I waited too late to get the gift. Why do these things happen to me? Now I’m faced with whether to be my creative self and come up with something uber cute OR just get a bland boring giftcard. I don’t want to be that person that just gets the gift card…that’s not my personality or my way of doing things BUT ahhh I’m stuck! I shall spend some of the day doing some research and then I’m just going to stop after work and possibly scoop this whack gift card. LOL I actually texted the groom and candidly asked “is your fiancée one of those people that only appreciates gifts off her registry?” of course it’s nothing wrong with that because I’d rather get something a person truly wants than get something they have to worry about returning. This fool said “I WANT MONEY”….I had to politely remind him that I was asking for his new wife not his preferences and my question was in regards to a bridal shower not his wedding where I will be sure to give money. LOL Love my friends! I would love to get her a married woman’s Bible devotion…I’d just like to sow a seed into their new union but then again I’m not sure she reads or would enjoy a gift like that! What to do…What to do????



I like the above that I found today...I just have no inspiration and I really want to get something the bride will like!
Lately there have been many questions as to when it is appropriate to buy a risqué gift and when you should play it safe. Never fret my pets…I’m here to answer! Sooo yes typically bridal showers are above the belt celebrations and bachelorette parties are a tad freakier. However, trends are changing and some brides don’t even have a bachelorette party where gifts are exchanged! Sooo you guessed it…some parties have been lumped into one. Lingerie, hand cuffs and blindfolds are now gracing Bridal showers!! My rule of thumb is just ASK! One simple question allows for less confusion, clarity and avoids possible embarrassment! Some brides are actually sad when they get wedding gifts from their registry at their bridal shower…some brides are expecting those nice lil Victoria Secret presents! THEN some brides are uber embarrassed when they get a “let’s get physical” gift in front of Grandma and Great Auntie Lula! I promise JUST ASK! Perfect example…in my RSVP email I wrote, “Please accept this as my formal RSVP to the bridal shower of _________ _________. If I can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to ask. I look forward to celebrating with the beautiful bride to be and her close friends and family. See you there, Jay PS Has the bride requested that gifts of a “naughty” nature refrain from making an appearance at her shower?” The first answer was “No not really, but her Mother and Grandmother will be in attendance so if you’d like to purchase something more risqué we will be sure to have her open it alone. She will also have a bachelorette party later if you’d like to wait” Ok cool…going with the registry on this one! The second answer from a different shower went a lil something like “All gifts are welcome, feel free to bring anything naughty and it will be appreciated. The bride is a 34D if you choose that route” BAM!! See! Both showers…different gifts accepted! JUST ASK!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ummmm so what did you end up getting???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joy Well I bought a really nice spice rack from the registry...I saw these cute Wedding Dress Aprons but it was on back order (Bummer) that could have served as naughty on one ocassion and nice on the other! lol I also looked for marriage oriented cookbooks but didn't find any...so in addition to the spice rack I also bought a "Here comes the Bride" tote bag. This should be used on your wedding day to transport things and again on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete