Monday, December 9, 2013

LaME wEdding Deejay????


Latest buzz?!?!?!

My assistance was needed to find a Deejay!!! (Go Deejay, cause that’s my deejay <----- do y’all remember when that song went SUPER HARD? Lol, I hope I’m not showing my age). Back to my client, the deejay will spin for the last 4 hours of a reception coming up in the middle of 2014.  When the bride springs for a live band, it can sometimes be hard to keep that momentum or even change the mood entirely for the PARTTAAYYYY! Honestly, a deejay can be one of the HARDEST vendors to choose… if they weren’t referred by an event planner (like meeeeee lol) then yeah, you could waste a whole LOT of money and be completely unsatisfied! Seeing as how I don’t want that to happen to my beloved couple, I thought I’d go ahead and agree to assist!

I ask this in ALL seriousness… Do you want your deejay to play ONLY what you’ve selected or do you want him to do HIS JOB and know what to play when? If you’re considering the first option, chile get you an iPod and hook it up to Bose! But if you’re considering the latter….remember you pay for what you get! I’ve witnessed a MESS (well haven’t we all?), a complete and epic FAILURE indeed! You see sometimes the couples have their own vendors they come to the table with, so yeah I can’t say anything! But be WEARY of white collar men moonlighting as a deejay and wanting to gift you THEIR services. Sometimes it’s just best to take that good ole gift card instead of their services…just saying. No shade! Lol

My client is only looking for a deejay…she didn’t ask for a deejay with a stage, who will emcee, have a live percussionist, snow machine, fog or lights. The average deejay is between $100-$300 per HOUR; it can definitely be more for a Saturday wedding as the couple is competing with other weddings as well as CLUBS the deejay may work at. Be sure to think about that! The deejays I’ve had the pleasure of working with are between $1250-$1950 for 4-6 hours.

I recommended after considering the client’s needs as well as who would be accepted at her venue… (drum roll please)

Dj Paradyme


Joe Bunn
m.bunndjcompany.com

Mike Morse



Remember IT IS possible to ruin your wedding with a LAME deejay!!!

~Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment