Wednesday, September 11, 2013

HeAvenLY MaNOR...


I’ve been hired for venue selection!!! This is the single most service that is requested of me.  I enjoy searching for a nice space to host your loved ones. People assume because it isn’t a full service that I somehow dread doing it…I don’t mind at all….it doesn’t pay the mortgage, but it’ll pay a bill (maybe two if they can’t reach a decision).

Event: Baby Shower

When: October 26, 2013

Location:  Raleigh (only)

Guest Count: 30

Minimum rental time: 2 hours

Budget: Cheapest available (don’t judge my client)

The cheapest places to host an event are community centers, club houses, and multipurpose rooms (church, park etc.) located randomly around your city or town. Due to the budget, I began there. I found a few places in the greater Raleigh area for the cheap. Places ranged from $35-$150 an hour.  I always express to my clients that essentially, “you get what you pay for”. You can’t expect Heavenly Manor on Hell’s budget (I don’t say that part now)! You’ll find with these cheaper locations there are additional fees, refundable/nonrefundable deposits, and a minimum to meet to rent the space. Luckily, hiring an event planner can sometimes waive said fees!
 
We began at the $35-$40 spaces! In some community centers these cheaper spaces are considered medium size rooms and can fit between 16-39 people. With the original guest count of 30 people, we should be fine!
 
I prefer to go slow when passing on my research. A few venues at a time when first relaying information, is normally the best approach. I need to gauge how my client processes information.  You never want to overwhelm a client that’s hired YOU to do the hard work.

Durant Park Training Lodge
49 ppl
$40-$60
2 hour minimum
 
Pullen Park Multipurpose Room
49 ppl
$35
2 hour minimum

Barwell Rd Community Center
16-39 ppl (2 rooms available)
$35
2 hour minimum

John Chavis Community Center
16-39 ppl (3 rooms available)
$35
2 hour minimum

Biltmore Hills Community Center
16-39 ppl
$35
2 hour minimum

 
I’ll keep ya updated!!!!
Xoxoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Within reading the first few sentences my first thought was a recreation/community center(seeing that's my major), lol. Love the info that is given. Comparing the info given to Winston Salem, some of our rooms hold 65-70 people for 4 hrs. The cost is $75 plus a personnel fee of $80.

    Can't wait to read the update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I see you boo, I thought about you as I was researching community centers! Lol Now is that $75 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours? What does your rental include...tables, chairs, linens, etc?

    ReplyDelete