Tuesday, February 28, 2012

lOcked & lOaded...BANG BANG

Good afternoon,

Locked and Loaded....it's Tuesday, the wedding is Saturday!!!! Right! It's here! I have some amazing doll babies as close friends, and they have agreed to be apart of #TeamTC (TC=Timeless Creations). I have my mom coming in at noon on Friday with the navigator....those that know me personally know this is a sacrifice....I had to admit that I might need the navigator's spacious interior! Of course my car making a few trips has done the job before, but I'm picking up a wedding arch and tall candelabras....with one flip of the backseat, a truck can save me some time! Whoot Whoot....by doing it this way, I save the couple money, delivery fees are no joke and the venues are less than 8 miles from the rental shop...yet it's still the same price as if it was 45 miles away! Lesson to self: Obtain a business with large delivery fees right after that McDonald's franchise!

Thursday night, I plan to start situating stuff at the church because it'll be accessible due to the various auxiliaries practicing....I'll do this alone of course, trying very hard to stay out of everyone's way! Friday is the day of the team....not only is my mom coming but my Best Friends Chase and Tia are scheduled to make an appearance! I have 2 more people that may come but they haven't absolutely confirmed...so my team could be 6 whole people, surely I can flip the reception space with all that help!! I'm excited! I'm soooo grateful....nobody asked for payment but I'm sure I'll be taking some people to dinner, happy hour, or cooking a down home Sunday dinner in appreciation of their services. I told Tia to where yoga pants...lol.  She loves to exercise so I'm playing up that aspect very hard for her....been knowing Tia since I was in middle school-her grandma and my mother also worked together and we spend a lot of time together since she's no longer in school in Greensboro and Charlotte! Awwe missed my friend during those undergrad years!

Friday will be busy busy busy...after picking up rentals, the reception space will be set up at 1pm at the latest! Nobody booked the space on Friday...lucky me! I have access as soon as I need it WITHOUT additional payment! I then have to go to the florist to pickup the flowers and then back between the church and reception to decorate! Official rehearsal begins at 5pm for the wedding party but 5:30 for the vendors! Hopefully this will run smooth and everyone will be in the mood to focus so we can end at a reasonable time, so that I can skip out for the entertainment run through at 7pm at the reception location! This is where it gets tricky....depending on how rehearsal is going, I have to run back to the church and leave the dance assemble at the reception site to then run back and lock up once they are done! lol Then it's on to the rehearsal dinner around 8pm or immediately following rehearsal....good times, good food, grand occasion! You think I'm done? LOL I'm not....I then need to gather what's left of my team to finish the reception space! THEN it's back to my lovely home for a lil shut eye before meeting at the church at 9am Saturday.... Now Saturday's schedule is sick....minute by minute-play by play until the last song at 9:55pm! After the lights are cut down for the dance portion (meaning that everything else has been completed) of the reception, I'll be skipping out to the church to gather all rentals and store them because the Deacon of the church has got to flip the space for Sunday morning Worship and I don't want  my things in his way or misplaced! From 10pm-11:45pm, the guests should be gone and  I'll be packing linens and disassembling centerpieces to eventually do my final check out of the space by 12:00am. A minute off schedule can NOT result in a 12:01am departure time unless I am willing to pay a $150 charge! Haha You think I can do it?


 Saturday, Sunday and Monday completing Centerpieces.... BRANCHES BEFORE


Inspiration for the centerpieces.... BRANCHES AFTER

Me and the Bride @ her Bridal Shower....the cutest bow hat I've seen in a long time....

~Signed... No one should be called "uppity" if you'd rather not shop for your wedding supplies at a flea market.... (a funny for my coworker that reads my blog, but seriously the nerve of some people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment