Monday, July 30, 2012

A Themed Thirty....

Greetings,
I know I know…I’ve failed you all miserably! Blame the world….I’ve had nothing really to work on that is set in stone for the last two weeks! Sooo I shall blog about other things lol
Who doesn’t love a 2 part 30th birthday celebration? I do and was super ecstatic to be invited to one! A Dirty thirty as they call it (we still don’t know who THEY exactly is but oh well lol). 1st part…”Queens Croquet” game night::SUPER CUTE! A good way to get people who aren’t familiar with each other to mix and mingle, laugh and giggle, is a stress free game night. Even the shyest of people will come out to play when the vibe is “friendly”. Appetizers were in overdrive and drinks were good and steady. If it hasn’t happened upon you just yet….it’s an Alice and Wonderland themed weekend! The Queens Croquet is a chapter in this great body of work…and I wouldn’t expect anything less from an English teacher that has won several awards. This game night was in a souped up apartment complex’s event space, but if you do not have access to a souped up event space, do not fret for a living room, kitchen, dining room, spare bedroom will do. The most important thing is that it is comfortable with plenty of seating. One mustn’t rent chairs but there should be ample chairs or a VERY inviting floor for your guests. Please know your crowd, so that you make proper seating arrangements! The host is quite techy so the night was filled with group games on the IPAD. Always plan your games prior to, think them out as to avoid confusion. It’s super hard to get 30 people on one accord when you’re somewhat confused yourself. Luckily everything was thought out for this event, making the night tremendously enjoyable!
2nd part of this dirty thirty weekend was a “High Tea”. The restaurant provided just the right atmosphere. It was spacious and regal….totally delivering on the theme. Wooden tables and wooden chairs of a very nice quality….exposed ceiling with wrought iron chandeliers…dimmed lighting to showcase a very classic setting::crisp white linens and silverware rolled in midnight black napkins! The host was sure to offer labeled favor mugs with truffles and tea….you know for the High Tea. I know, FAB right? The cake was true to the Alice and Wonderland theme, of course, and cup cakes were in abundance reading “eat me”. Some of the guest joked they were going to take a picture and send it to various people. LOL It was a well planned 2 day event…I’ve added the restaurant to my event space listings…so technically I worked for the business…right? RIGHT! See very few pics below...

Happy Birthday Sir!!!
 
Chase and I…



My new friend…thinking we’ll be friends for a long while ;)


New friend x2…
Hope you got some ideas for your next event….if you did my blogging is not in vain lol
~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment