Thursday, July 5, 2012

That dreaded “back fat”...

Let me begin by asking…who has a fire drill in triple digit heat? Right…Yeah just experienced one and it was a straight up nightmare! But I guess I shouldn’t be super upset because it truly wasn’t a drill…there was smoke on the 5th floor *apparently*. By far there was the MOST smoke in the parking deck where I stood, my coworkers confused this emergency with a smoke break and lit it up hunnies! Wheew…too much!
Anywho…planning a wedding can be overwhelming…well most of the time will be overwhelming!  There are so many decisions, and for most brides, selecting the perfect dress is the most important one. Congrats are in order once more…I have a new consulting contract! In this service, I will focus on defining wedding dresses that best suit the “bride to be’s” body shape, personality and style. After quite a bit of research and questionnaires…it’s time to SHOP! Depending on where she’d like to go during the shopping experience, I can pull looks and have them waiting for her when she arrives at the store AND/OR  meet her at a location and shop with her…providing real-time consultation.
From what I can remember she is a big busty…heavier set lady. Clearly this client is a recommendation as you can see because I’m not 100% sure what she even looks like. But that’s fine…my business is strictly recommendations most times.
Already I’m thinking!!!! My first idea is ruching…lol, it’s so forgiving! If she wants to hide her curves it’ll be different from if she wants to accentuate them! Heavier girls can sometimes look good in an empire waist! The smallest part of the gown will be right around the rib cage which is usually the smallest area on a heavier woman #noshade. Figure flattering indeed! However, if she has a rounder tummy…empire style will umm hide the curves and possibly look preggers and NOBODY wants those rumors at the wedding! If her waist is smaller and she has more of an hour glass shape…she’ll be able to do a classic gown. The official go to for ample bosoms and a small waist is undoubtedly showing the girls off…nothing but cleave cleave cleavage-thereby highlighting the positive. Never underestimate a good alteration…it’s the difference between looking your very best and looking aight on your special day! Bigger bust-heavier set girls should always choose a dress with a higher cut back to avoid that dreaded “back fat” otherwise known as back rolls…and I know from my own experience that heavier fabrics have a tendency to keep things pulled in, snatched up, and held so avoiding a lighter fabric is KEY.
Bridal Boutiques on the list in the area are….
Traditions by Anna Bridal Boutique
Alexia’s Bridal Boutique
Savvi Formalwear
Maggi Bridal
Bridal Boutique of NC
Lana Addison Bridal
~This should be funners….Hoping you had an AMAZING Independence Day, I did! I visited mom and we had hotdogs, hamburgers, potatos with garden fresh goodies like fresh cole slaw, fresh potatos, fresh onions, fresh tomato, and fresh lettuce...all from my Uncle's garden!!!

Mommy and Me!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment