Monday, November 12, 2012

MaSon jARS....

Her: Ok master mind,
So this task that I have before me....
E (mutual friend's fiancĂ©) has 18 mason jars that are currently filled with white gumballs... She also has candy to go in them but after a few runs, she decided against them. She called me yesterday and was like I need you to take over the centerpieces. So I was thinking, I could put some water in the jars since she already purchased 5,000 gum balls..... and add some orange flowers. She has ordered orange and blue ribbons to tie around the jars since that is their colors. I was thinking fake flowers from dollar tree would be good but I’m cheap... Lol these are some pics I found.. What do you think?

Me: Hey!!! My apologies for the 4 hour delay, been a crazy day and I hadn't even signed into my gmail today. I wouldn't do gum balls and candy in the same jar. LOL WOW she asked you to take over huh? That's a lot, but I'm sure you love to help. If the gum balls go all the way to the top you may not need water. I would suggest flowers...I think they look the best. I would also consider branches...bushels of wheat...feathers...candles can all be put in mason jars and when they are gathered 3-4 on the table make a NICE centerpiece. I would get the best quality flower you can afford...I like real but understand that might not be in the budget...carnations are usually cheap though. If you're going to do cheap...consider silk flowers as well. There were no pics attached. I think you have good ideas already; it's just a matter of purchasing and doing!!!
Thanks Jay

Her: Really, I have an attitude about those pics.. Whatever I’m resending them......and I want to do like rocks or stones with a floating tea light and flowers. I think she is going to go with 150 orange carnations from a wholesale store... So they will be real!!!! She bought 5,000 gumballs already that I have already put in the jars so I guess we have to use them? *inserts confused look* YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM

Me: I think that will look the best! I've had a bride order flowers from that same wholesale store before and they came out well. With the ribbon, flowers, gumballs...I'm sure it will be really cute! You can actually put votive candles inside mason jars as well. Just be sure any candles you get are unscented. You don’t want fragrant candles competing with the food…or a bad fragrance multiple by 1000 in one confined space. Let me know if you could use some help. I attached some pics so you could see what my vision is...I think we're having the same vision. You’re the bomb.com ma’am…thanks for considering my expertise J
Jay





No comments:

Post a Comment