Thursday, September 8, 2011

Might I have this DaNce?

Greetings...

"Friends...how many of us have them?" haha I love that oldies but goodies song! I have a bestie that's bunches of the fun ALL the time and is so freaking positive and encouraging. She probably wouldn't let me be depressed even if I wanted too. She has this dream of singing in her wedding, which is a chuckle all in itself...but she's so hilarious when she explains how she wants to do this! She wants a special "bling bling" mic that her Mom will hand her...BEHIND the doors of the church and she's going to sing the entire first verse before walking down the isle singing the chorus. She's a "kidder" but I think she's really serious about it! I just know I can't wait...regardless if she can sing or not (she plans to take voice lessons)...the outward expression of love-the pure and unadulterated affection will be PRICELESS! Go girl!!!

Bestie and I at North Hills

I'm sure you'll agree wedding songs are a very important factor to consider when planning your wedding. They set the general mood and tone for your ceremony AND reception, while also allowing you to express your feelings through music. For instance, I know I must have "At Last" at my wedding...if it's in the ceremony my cousin/soloist will sing it...if it's played at the reception, it can be by the legendary Etta James or my personal icon who I think I am sometimes...non-other than Mrs. Beyonce Giselle Knowles Carter!!! She's actually my screen saver right now! lol

Do you have any idea how many songs I have to help a couple pick for a traditional wedding and reception? No..Do you? Seriously??? WEDDING: Interlude, Prelude, Processional, Recessional, Unity Candle, Prayer song, Vows song.... RECEPTION: Bouquet toss, Cake cutting, During dinner, Introduction of couple, Father-Daughter dance, First Dance of couple, Garter Toss, Last Dance, Mother-Son dance, Introduction of the wedding party, Dollar Dance.... Oh and that's just standard! They could have way more or way less (I'm a fan of less lol)....it gets real tricky when they want melodies, snippets, and mixes of certain songs!!! All and all MUSIC is sooo monumental....let's not forget that at your special day lol

~Corn on the Cob
 (I so brought this for lunch and made a mess! Lesson: Don't bring Corn on the Cob to lunch. You can't really use your manners when eating it...not to mention the corn juice that spreads everywhere lol #dontjudgeme)

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! This is hilarious!! Your bestie must be a wonderful person and really excited about getting married...or more likely singing than the married part!! Hahaha...as I am typing all this, I realize that you're talking about me....and I just continue to ramp and rave about myself!! Haha!

    No, but I definitely agree with you regarding the importance of a wedding song!! Never hit me how many songs you really have to think and plan out. I do believe I may have 3...lol.

    Well hopefully the couple already knows what they want, and it want be such a long and frustrating process! Good luck with it, and I know everything will work out. Just take it one day..song at a time! :)

    Oh...and corn is messy but I SOOOO love it...get u some mashed potatoes and u good to go!

    ReplyDelete