Monday, September 19, 2011

You're so FAKE....

Cutting to the chase, I’d rather not see plastic anywhere in formal events. No fake flatware, cups, plates….flowers!!! lol Renting such items can be such a hassle and expensive even! You have to rewash it when you pick it up to be sure it’s formal occasion clean vs. warehouse storage clean…then use it while hoping no one breaks any of it….then return it washed and pay all damage fees for broken or cracked merchandise! As you can see, yeah it’s a lot! But surprisingly, well worth it once it’s all set up because it looks absolutely AMAZING in comparison to those hard plastic plates that come in bulk from BJ’s, Costco and the like! I wish I could say I’ve never used those plastic plates….but I have for informal occasions! *hangs head in shame* BUT you see....some venues do not have dishwashers…and my lil townhome friendly dishwasher is not the business when it comes to such industrial loads! Plastic makes for an easier clean up…that’s one great plus for plastic! If clients request plastic....I'm going to try my best to find the best plastic available in all of the world! But when you get into weddings of a certain size…ie 150+ you must have all rentals delivered and just pay for the delivery! I agree with saving money and sticking to a budget whenever necessary but having things delivered and set up just makes MORE sense…it’s less stressful for everyone involved. Not to mention if something is missing or incorrect-guess what-you have a person right there that is willing to correct the error immediately! If you find something wrong after setting 15 tables on a Saturday morning….you’ll probably have to make due and hope no one notices that table 9 is just a lil bit different from the rest!
~XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment