Thursday, January 12, 2012

InQuireS....

Since my lil birthday shingdig....I've been questioned about the particulars of planning it. I promise it wasn't anything serious and I did most of it through email. Before I created a guest list I knew I wanted to keep it intimate this year...as I get older I'm focusing even more on Quality over Quanity!!!

I consider 20 people pretty intimate (most people don't apparently lol)...and therefore invited only 30 people. I chose a nice area and found a list, via google search, of ALL the restaurants in the area. I viewed websites and called or emailed concerning private rooms, food/beverage minimums, and available times. Honestly the deciding factor was food/beverage minimums and variety of the menus. As fab as I am....I honestly don't vary from traditional chicken and beef dishes. With my protest against pork and seafood, it doesn't leave a whole lot of anything else to enjoy!  I happened onto a chinese spot and was super happy with menu and email correspondance of the managers! I gave them a round figure of 20 for the reservation but promised to contact them on the Thursday before my event with exact numbers and updates. They were super accomdodating. I turned about 18 people on....

Sooo Private Parties at Sparians Bowling Boutique....yeah it's not regular bowling but LUXURY bowling!  All reservations require a minimum 2 lanes for 2 hours. Each 8 people need 1 lane, while only 6 people can bowl in a game. All private parties require a food/beverage minimum and all food/beverage must match 50% of the total lane/suit cost. Main Lanes will take online reservations on Saturday and Sunday....unfortunately, if you don't do it this way-the wait can be straight ridic! One thing great thing  about all reservations? Shoes are included....lol luxury indeed!

Private lanes are reserved in their entirety...Lanes 1-4! Curtians are pulled so the lanes are private! For this option, you have to book all 4 lanes. VIP lanes are booked in one of the suites #fancy. Different from Private lanes, you have the choice to rent either 2 lanes or 4 lanes. It does require a 2 hour minimum however. Private suites include unlimited bowling, bowling shoes, private wait staff, and a private bartender. To add on the attached banquet space that will hold 160 people, it will cost an additional $100 per hour but to me....that seems worth it! The Spare room holds a max of 20 people....the Capitol Suite holds a max of 80 people and you have the option of the attached banquet space on this one. The Banquet and Meeting space rental includes projector, screen, tables, chairs, and water. They have easy add ons for catering, beverages, linens, dance floor, podium, and stage!!!  Cool right?

~Tata

No comments:

Post a Comment