Tuesday, August 30, 2011

oH bAbY!!!

Q: What event is most fun to plan? A: A Baby shower for a proud mommy!

When the group you’re planning for is all fun, games, and baby jazz…things kick off without a hitch! Too many times people will side eye games and choose not to participate…Party Poopers!! When you’re surrounded by ecstatic people who don’t mind making a fool of themselves…oooo oooo! (well I just love love planning showers) Don’t tell anybody, but for smaller events, I’ve actually catered. Some wings, meatballs, and bbq weenies really top off a well planned event I must say! Sometimes I even incorporate my mom; I’ll ask her to buffalo the wings and when I go to pick them up, there will be double the amount in 3 different sauces. lol She’s so extra like that when it comes to that type stuff, but that’s a good thing and I celebrate it! PS-her 61st birthday was yesterday and she's still kicking!
Getting back...

Oh BaBy, the games…sniffing the dirty diaper, tasting the baby food, guessing how big around the Mother's stomach is….great laughs! There is one game I NEVER win…NEVER...it’s the clothespin game. If you’ve never heard of it, it’s the game where you can’t say “baby” the whole time you’re at the baby shower….yeah I always slip up and say it! Truly hopeless!
For a really NICE baby shower, you should average $17 per person….BUT that includes everything. Decorations, food, prizes, venue….if you multiply $17 by your guestlist, you should have more than enough money to fund your event. 2nd question, how long is this event…basically how long do you have to refill the fresh friut and keep the punch coming? That determines the budget because the longer you stay at a place, the more plates you eat! Come on now, you know it’s true…you let the first plate settle and then you’re back for round 2 before you know it (I know I'm not alone in this lol). I’ve done showers a lot cheaper, especially when the venue is free. I don’t recommend having events at your home by any means, but it just seems so cozy when you have showers there! I like the coziness of it all! The great big plush couches…the family afghan to lie across my lap!  Oh the Memories….
Ready to land this next baby shower contract I was contacted about last week….consider this putting it out there in the universe!
Lata alligators....

No comments:

Post a Comment