Saturday, August 13, 2011

sHoRt LOOONNNGGG WHiTe or mIDniGHt...you must have one:)

Hi Lovebugs....

I LOVE wedding dress shopping....I could spend hours upon hours doing it. There are so many different kinds to choose from-different materials, fabrics, to sparkle or not to sparkle? Right, aren't you getting excited right now just thinking about it? I watch every season of "Say Yes to the Dress" and when I thought I'd finally met THAT GUY, you know the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with...I told him KLEINFIELDS was the ONLY place I would consider. He was fine with it... (obviously the dress was not our problem but that's such a long story LOL).

So my bride and I spent only one day actually shopping...#bummer But we'd looked at so many websites, seen so many wedding dress shows, and she had an expensive magazine full of wedding jazz that was AWESOME! So we were prepared...I armed her with great knowledge on the attire budget and we set out on a Monday! I could tell she was excited...her Mom had come down and her future Mother in law wanted to be apart. It was such a nice productive day, we'd had a meeting, decided on invitations, and now we were having a girl's day out!

 A boutique in downtown Raleigh actually expected YOU to pull their dresses and take them back (manual labor??)...but we all did! Imagine 4 people with 4 different styles and only 2 people (the bride and me) that understand there is a budget and it must be stuck to! So much!!! The bride is in excellent shape and curvy enough to look pretty awesome in every dress she tried on...thus making the decision even harder! We liked the dresses at the boutique but wanted to see more...so we went to Durham to the next appointment. Durham was interesting....they did it very differently, ie BETTER! We looked at magazines and folded down the corners of dresses the bride wanted to try on....but the wedding planner in  me sprang out MORE because we are on a budget people!!!! After being teased with the senseless "I mean wedding planner is this dress in budget?" over and over again I decided to be proactive. I went to the "off rack" and found some sale dresses that were "as is". No they didn't look great...but simple can be elegant and you'd be surprised what a seamstress can create! LOL I didn't win the battle obviously...and she stepped out in this number that was TO DIE FOR!

I teared up at the first glance of her...and I knew it was HER DRESS! But I also knew it was over budget and I was not going to remain quiet because as a planner I need to go on record and say this dress is completely out of budget while inside knowing she'll probably purchase anyway! (Major run on sentence lol) The dress will be ordered this month and back for alterations in November!!! I'll have to work it (knead it, flatten it) into the budget-reluctantly-because it is a beautiful dress and I know her new hubby will cry once she strolls down the aisle in it. Yes STROLL because there is no other way to walk in that dress...so WORK it Bride:)


My 2nd Favorite...she'll have on my 1st choice


Loved it!
~Until Monday...I think I'll take the sabbath off!

No comments:

Post a Comment