Monday, October 24, 2011

tHe viSiON oF a ViSionARy....

Hola....
The flower vendor is absolutely awesome! Gregg gets a shooting star! He was almost magical, no honestly! Most flower vendors begin with your ideas and then move into their portfolio albums. Umm he totally shut me down when I asked for albums…he said all that stuff is on facebook or the website! Haha he made me feel really trivial for a second! Gregg is truly a VISIONARY! He “freestyled” some arrangements with fresh flowers from the shop…he made 3 height centerpieces and kissing balls! The bride has chosen to use branches and hunnie let me tell you…he used those branches! He even pulled 4 roses off their stem to help gauge how thick the bride would want her runway! His assistant said she loves to watch him, you can see the wheels turning as he thinks and that he reminded her of the famous chef Emeril! What a compliment! I felt really comfortable with him…I could tell he wasn’t trying to simply sell us things that mimicked our idea and pictures for over the rainbow prices. For example we’d settled on using more greenery in the flowers to cut cost….apparently really nice greenery cost more than flowers so just use flowers. I also played around with changing the flowers in arrangements to take the price down but he asked me, “like taking a hydrangea and replacing it with carnation? Not really because you’d need 10 carnations to cover 1 hydrangea and therefore it’s the same price” hmm, words of wisdom! lol He offered many inexpensive ideas and had some pretty cool rentals...mainly candelabras, vases, urns. Got the news last week *sad face*, umm unfortunately the church doesn’t have anything available as for decorations! So I’ll be renting a few things and it would so help if it came as a packaged deal with the flowers!
Currently, I’m waiting on the flower proposal!  I’d love to work with him in the future regardless if it’s for this wedding or the next! He made a lasting impression and everyone that walked into the shop had such nice things to say! He’s super close to my home…but also close to the church and quite familiar with the reception site. When the appointment was ending….He winked and said, I don’t have a wedding March 3rd and I’d love to have one!  Cute Mister! We’ll surely see….
To make a good day great….my 40 linen swatches came in when I returned home from the vendor!

No comments:

Post a Comment