Monday, October 3, 2011

Borrowed _______'s

Greetings....

I’m officially #TeamWriteYourOwnVows! I incite everyone in the world to join my team! Lol Yes you can deliver the traditional ones with fervor but how great is it if you write something from the heart? The Pastor and the couple normally pick special passages, readings, text, and vows for the wedding...but how sincere are the vows that come from the soul and therefore the essence of you. The weddings where the vows are written are the most SPECIAL and feel the most intimate. At the end where either the bride or groom get just a tad bit choked up….oh gosh does it pull on the heart strings! Definitely avoid the crazy stuff like I promise to brush your hair and fix your martinis…because that’s not what I call great material…but if you need a little help starting, borrow lines from your favorite poem, movie, or book! Maybe your first lovie dovie card would help in this instance….  

I'm super nervous and weddings make me cry, but even I plan to write my own. I want my vows to be from some hidden place that only my husband really knows! The type of vows that people at the wedding are like, “wow she really loves him, I can’t believe she said that”. I want to keep it sweet and beautiful but with a personal line or two…something completely off the wall that I really mean!! For instance, maybe I’ll say “I vow to put your needs before my own, even when that means cooking more times  than you eat out in a given week….I mean that’s a true sacrificial vow! (You know that one will come up later in the relationship lol ) I’m going directly for the jugular…sappy words with maybe a few tears! I believe when you write your own vows you feel even more accountable than the typical in sickness and in health…. Just my two cents however!

~XOXO  

No comments:

Post a Comment